Player Chick (Fri, 9am-6pm) - SoFlo Cake & Candy Expo
- Regular price
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Unit price
Intermediate-Advanced figurine modeling class that will make you stand out in competitions and make a difference in your cakes. You will learn the wire construction technique that connects all parts of the figurine internally which provides perfect proportions all the time and eliminates breakage or deformation issues. You will be able to apply what you have learned in this class to ALL the figures you will make in the future. The full body length of the figurine we will make in the class is 10'' . You can model ANY size of figurine with the techniques you will learn.
- Preparing templates : Templates facilitates the construction of the wire structure and allows you to visualize the figure, arrange size and prevents possible proportional mistakes.
- Construction wire structure : Wire selection, joining and skeleton creation for figures of different sizes and features.
- Using filling materials in the figurines : Defy gravity by lightening your figurines.
- Full body modeling techniques : By adjusting the dough hardness correctly, you will model much easier.
- Intermediate face modeling and painting with edible colors.
- Different painting and shading techniques for realistic look.
- Making hair and outfit.
All class tickets are non-refundable once purchased.
All classrooms are on the second floor of MACC.
You will need a general admission ticket in order to register for classes, including classes hosted on Friday.
The vendor hall will not be open on Friday, and is only open Saturday & Sunday.
Classes will begin promptly at the time scheduled.
Saturday and Sunday there will be a two two-hour break from 1:00-3:00 to allow time for lunch, shopping, raffle drawings and contest results.
All class materials and tools are included for classroom use only, unless otherwise noted. Students will NOT keep any tools used in class. Each student will be provided with a box to take home your completed class project.
No children or guests allowed in classrooms. Only registered students will be permitted inside the class area.
Disclaimer: Please be aware that all purchases are non-refundable and final. There are no options for cancellations or transfers, and no exceptions can be made. SoFlo Cake and Candy Expo cannot assume responsibility if you inadvertently schedule overlapping classes. We kindly ask you to thoroughly review your schedule prior to completing your purchase to ensure there are no double bookings. Your attention to this detail is greatly appreciated.
In the event that the minimum student enrollment requirement is not reached by the specified deadline, the class will be cancelled. Affected students will promptly receive notification and will be provided with a complete refund for the class/demo.
Bilingual disclaimer: The class will primarily be conducted in English, with occasional instruction in Spanish. La clase se llevará a cabo principalmente en inglés, con instrucción ocasional en español.